Kremlin and Red Square
Moscow Kremlin — the most ancient part of Moscow. The history of the
Moscow Kremlin is closely bound with the major events of life of Russian
state. In territory of the Kremlin Uspensky, Arkhangelsk and
Blagoveshchensk cathedrals, and also a number of churches are located.
Also there you can see the Tsar-gun and the Tsar-bell. Red Square — the
main and most known area of Moscow, is located at walls of the Kremlin.
On the area the Place of execution, a monument of Mininu and Pozharsky
and the Mausoleum Vladimir Ilicha Lenin (Mausoleum) are located. Access
on the area the round-the-clock. Also near to the Kremlin there is
well-known an Aleksandrovsky garden and a Manezhnaya Square.
Exhibition of Achievements of the National economy
(ALL-RUSSIA EXHIBITION CENTRE)
All-Russia exhibition center - unique ensemble of architectural
monuments of the various styles, formed throughout decades at the USSR.
The size of territory of an exhibition - 2375 thousand in sq.m.
Officially the exhibition has been opened in 1939, and bore name the
All-Union agricultural exhibition. In 1959 the complex has been renamed
in the Exhibition of achievements of a national economy. In 1992 the
expocenter has received the present name. In All-Russia Exhibition
Centre territory there are three fountains: two at the main pavilion —
«Friendship of the people» and «the Stone flower» and one in the heart
of territory — «the Gold ear».
mountain - a flat hill in the west of Moscow. Name occurrence usually
explain that to the travelers arriving to Moscow, from this mountain the
kind on its church opened. Here they stopped, prayed and put bows. But
there is also other version - a place where bows — a version of feudal
payments of Ancient Russia gathered, the duty paid to the prince at
journey through its territory or at time stay on it.
There is a legend that in 1812 on a grief Poklonnoj Napoleon vainly
waited delegation with keys from the Kremlin. In memory of events of war
of 1812 on a grief are opened a museum-panorama "Borodino fight", the
Triumphal arch is recreated. After the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945
it has been decided to construct on a grief Poklonnoj a memorial to the
Victory. Today the memorial complex which has settled down on 135
hectares, includes the Central museum of the Great Patriotic War on the
round area of Winners, a monument of the Victory and three temples of
three faiths constructed in memory of victims in the war. St. George
Pobedonostsa's temple has been constructed in 1995, the Memorial mosque
is erected in 1997, and the Memorial synagogue - in 1998.
The Moscow Metro
of the Moscow Metro has begun in 1931. The
first line - from station "Sokolniki" to station "Ohotnij rjad" and to
stations "Culture Park" and "Smolensk" - has been opened further for
general using on May, 15th, 1935, in 7 o'clock in the morning. Visible
Soviet architects, artists, sculptors took part in underground
designing. Majestic stations have been decorated by stained-glass
sculptural groups, are revetted by a various finishing stone. After war
new stations built with smaller splendor. This aspiration to economy has
depersonalized many stations, having transformed them into ordinary
transport knots. In 2002 of the underground has fallen outside the
limits the Moscow ring highway and continues to develop. Names of
stations (including renamings) reflect features of building of capital,
city history and the countries as a whole. Nowadays the Moscow
Metro includes 12 lines (6 diametrical, 3
radial, 1 ring,
of the easy underground) on which 172 stations, including 56 transfer
are located. The general extent of lines of 278,3 km. The Moscow
Metro begins the work in 05:30 mornings,
finishes at 01:00.
Vorobyovy (1924—1991 гг Lenin mountains in honor of V.I.Lenin.) - the
name of high right coast of the Moskva River, opposite to Luzniki. Woody
slopes of mountains Vorobyovyh and quays (built in 1958—61) — a place of
summer holiday of Muscovites. The area of park of 106 hectares. The
place name has arisen by name of the villages Vorobyovo, existing here
in the Middle Ages. On mountains Vorobyovyh there are Presidium
buildings, of some institutes of the Russian Academy of Sciences, a
complex of the Moscow State University with the central high-rise
building and the viewing point is arranged, the magnificent panorama of
a city whence opens. Also the ski springboard (it is built in 1953) and
a mountain-skiing slope with the lift here operates.
village Kolomenskoe, settled down on high, right coast of Moscow of the
river, under the legend has been based by the inhabitants of Kolomenskoe
running from Batyja. The first written mention arises in Ivan Kality's
spiritual reading and writing in 1339 In XV—XVII centuries it is a place
was at first palace grand-ducal, and after imperial manor. In 1960 the
village was a part of a city of Moscow. With 1974 manor Kolomenskoe —
the State istoriko-architectural memorial estate. In territory the
general extent of 390 hectares at Moscow the rivers stretched park with
architectural monuments, among which: Voznesenija Gospodnja Church
(1529-1532) Church of the Kazan icon of Bozhiej mothers (XVII), Palace
pavilion (1825), Peter I Small house (XVIII century) and a number of
skyscrapers" — seven high-rise buildings (the Apartment house on
Kotelnichesky quay, hotel "Ukraine", the Ministry for Foreign Affairs
building, an apartment house on the Kudrinsky area, it is
administrative-residential building on the area of Red gate, hotel
"Leningrad", the main building of the Moscow State University on
mountains Vorobyovyh), constructed in Moscow in 1940-1950th years, as a
symbol of power of the Soviet people which have won the Great Patriotic
War, as an embodiment of "a future city" which should become capital.
The given buildings are top of a post-war Soviet empire style in city
architecture. On I. V.Stalin's plan the eighth skyscraper - the Palace
of Councils should be still erected. But in connection with his death
building of the eighth skyscraper hasn't taken place.
The Moscow zoo
Moscow zoo has been organized by Russian Imperial Society of
acclimatization of animals and plants in 1864. The professor of the
Moscow University Anatoly Petrovich Bogdanov became one of the main
initiators of its creation. He named a zoo «a live museum in the open
air». In zoo territory Presnensky ponds are located, and the Big pond
has remained from the moment of zoo creation. Now in a collection of a
zoo more than 1000 kinds of animals. Besides display of variety of
fauna, in a zoo study its separate representatives, feature of behavior,
a food and reproduction of wild animals in bondage, search of ways of
the prevention and treatment of their illnesses is carried out. Annually
in the Zoo happens about 1,5 million persons, excursions and lectures on
zoology, consultation and other actions are led.